Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Popcorn

All the screaming headlines of scandal heaped on scandal among the slime balls atop our government has given me some very small measure of satisfaction after the last six years of incredulity. Fully believing that our democracy was hijacked in December 2000 and sold to the highest corporate bidders, I've not found much to delight in on the political landscape. Oh there were those wonderful 8 months of the early Dean campaign, full of hope and camaraderie - only to be dashed again by the ridiculously overplayed "scream".

I'm cautiously enjoying watching the Republicans eat their own. I'll be pleased to see the hypocritical, gay Republicans get purged from the party that has hated them all along.

I'm making popcorn and hoping for the best in four weeks. I'm hopeful that our long national nightmare is nearly over.

No comments: